Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011


Quick Wine Review: ***** Very tart.


After an invigorating Thursday evening nap, my appetite is worked up and I'm ready for a delicious meal accompanied with some tasty wine.  I decided on the French Bordeaux to accompany the fettucine alfredo which would bring out the richness of the meal.  My first glass was quite tart and I thought a few minutes would give the tannins a chance to breathe and settle the flavor to make the wine smoother.  Unfortunately, close to an hour later, it is still as tart as the first drink.  I had to break up the sips with giving a follow up hair cut (faux hawk's are my favorite!), and washing the dishes.  I would not recommend this wine after the tart flavors really threw off the night.




Name: Graves Chateau Des Proms Cuvee Bellevue
Vintage: 2008
Cork Type: Conventional Cork
Grape: Blend - 70% Carbernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 5% Malbec, 5% Cabernet Franc
Origin: Bordeaux, France
Alcohol Content: 12.5%


2 comments:

  1. Harold is probably glad you weren't enjoying your wine prior to his haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha too true, Ele. I thoroughly enjoyed this bottle but I am notably a bigger fan of the old world wines. More for me! Blends are nice, especially when they know what they're doing - you get the best qualities of all the grapes!

    ReplyDelete