Friday, November 25, 2011

November 25, 2011

Quick Wine Review: ***** More grape juice than wine.

Day after Thanksgiving AKA Black Friday.  Fortunately, we did not partake in the madness and decide to sit back and relax until after the crowds died off.  We did some shopping and were luck in some fronts and found a few Christmas gifts.  We came back to make a soup/stew type dinner meal from the remaining turkey.  This is a Rachael Ray recommendation so I'm expecting big things.  While making the dish my mom and I continued to drink wine from her extensive collection.  I sampled the Los Vascos wine from yesterday one last time to ensure I had the review from yesterday correct.  I stand firm with my recommendation that this was not a good wine.  

We ended up opening a malbec/merlot blend from Argentina which is one of my mom's favorite regions.  This was not a good selection.  It had more of a grape juice flavor than the wine taste I enjoy. It tastes almost vinegary which may be a sign of a bad bottle rather than a bad wine.  This wine also had the synthetic cork which I am not a fan of because it dissent immediately show any bottling issues as the cork doesn't absorb the wine and allow the cork to stay moist.  Despite that fact, I will stand with my review until I am able to try a new bottle.


Name: Wandering Grape
Vintage: 2007 
Cork Type: Synthtetic 
Grape: 65% Malbec, 55% Merlot
Origin: Mendoza, Argentina
Alcohol Content: 13%


No comments:

Post a Comment