Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

Quick Wine Review: *****

Tonight, I will be reviewing a wine brought over from Chris and Elena (C/E).  They have such great taste so I'm thinking it will be delicious.  We are making London broil with my favorite cabbage creation side.  I decided to put a twist on Chris' cabbage by using leeks instead of onions, so I am excited to see if it will turn out well - but then again, add a stick of butter to anything and it's pretty delicious.

The first wine had a fruity theme and definitely tasted a little richer once the tannins were allowed to breathe.  I think this is definitely a good value for the type of wine.

Name: Crane Lake
Vintage: 2010
Cork Type: Conventional
Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Sonoma, California
Alcohol Content: 12.5%













The second, our gift from C/E, was a red wine from italy.  We sampled this wine over one of our favorite games, Super Mario Brothers.  Unfortunately, it seems that some characters still seem to get those pesky Bowser treats in the red mushroom huts. These Italian wines always have a distinct flavor so compared to the first it had a lot more of a dry, woody flavor.  I think both were excellent, but the second had a more unique flavor than the first California wine and other Italian wines I have tried in the past. Both would make fantastic pairings with a Thanksgiving turkey meal!


Name: Vino Del Fratelli
Vintage:2008
Cork Type: Conventional
Grape: Montepulciano D'Abruzzo
Origin: Montepulciano D'Abruzzo, Italy
Alcohol Content: 12.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment