Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 14, 2011

Quick Wine Review: *****  Pleasant Surprise!

Today I had a craving for a plethora of different foods so we had a protein rich, fiber rich meal with some of my favorite foods.  Shrimp cocktail, short ribs and butter cabbage...yum!  And of course, what goes better with my favorite foods than my favorite food pairing...wine!  We decided to try out the Texas wine that my mom brought over of which I had very low expectations.  It all started with the scary faced man who is plastered on the front of this bottle, and the fact that this is a Texas wine.  This was quite the pleasant surprise.  It paired well with everything that we had for dinner and was another easy drinking wine.  I would definitely recommend this scary face man red wine to any wine drinker.  Thanks Mommy!


Name: Becker Vineyards Iconoclast
Vintage: 2010
Cork Type: Conventional Cork
Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Fredericksburg, TX
Alcohol Content: 13.8%

No comments:

Post a Comment