Friday, November 25, 2011

November 24, 2011

Quick Wine Review: ***** Extremely tart and earthy taste.

Thanksgiving!!! What am I thankful for...family and friends of course!  Today all throughout cooking we tried a plethora of wines, most which I have already reviewed, but a few which I had not, but do not recommend from the few sips I took.

The Thanksgiving day preparations were fun as me and my mom put all the main course and side items together - part of family tradition. I made the mushroom medley I had earlier this week courtesy of Chris.  It was quite tasty, but not as good as the master himself.  We drank the wine with the scary faced man (the Texas surprise) and the petite syrah Bogle I had tried earlier in September.  I had a few new wines, which I thought had more of a grape juice flavor than wine so needless to say, I was not a fan.

I was absolutely stuffed after turkey day dinner and couldn't help but feel like a much deserved nap was in my future.  However, we had tickets to see the cirque du soleil show Dralion.  It was fantastic and the people in the show certainly raise the bar for talent.  All sorts of acrobats, juggling, trampling bouncing, jump roping and intense balancing highlighted the show.  It was my first time to see one of those and I would definetly recommend it to anybody who hasn't had the opportunity.  The show is broken up into different "acts" by these comedians who were pretty hilarious and the show was overall very well put together considering it was here in Beaumont.

Name: Los Vascos Reserve
Vintage: 2008
Cork Type: Conventional
Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Colchagua Valley, Chile
Alcohol Content: 14%

No comments:

Post a Comment