Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011

It has been so long since my last post!  And I will admit, I have not been keeping up with the postings, but mostly because I didn't think anyone was reading my genius blogs.  I need to get a solid fan base that truly appreciates the delectable tastes of different wines.

Regardless, let's get started with tonights review.  Tonight we decided to go out to a new place to try some fresh, healthy food.  Zoe's Kitchen has quite the entourage of food to try, but I went with the Grilled Shrimp Salad which proved a good choice.  The place is right on Washington just a short distance from Sherlock Home.  I enjoy the thought of eating fresh food that is also healthy, so this was a premier pick.  We decided to take it "to go" so we could enjoy a nice bottle of wine with the meal.  The Shrimp Salad chose to be a good decision.  It had so many flavors that went well with tonight's meal.  I really enjoyed the Polka Dot themed label of the Grenacha wine.  I'm not sure I've had a Grenacha wine before, but it really enhanced the flavors of the grilled shrimp, feta and Greek sauce the salad was laced with.

I was able to enjoy the wine and dinner with a side of Dexter, Season 6 episode 4.  I must say, I really enjoy watching TV series back to back which is why I took a liking to the Dexter series.  But now I have to wait until each episode airs until I can get my fix.  Tonight's episode was especially dramatic, but I won't give away any details for the Dexter lovers that haven't yet watched it.


The bottle of wine has since been consumed and we are now on to watching the latest Parks and Recreation episode.  I'm excited to see what the show has been up to since we haven't been keeping up with it as readily as Dexter.  Either way, to epic TV shows equally worth taking time out of my busy Monday afternoon for a quality viewing.



Name: Monte Oton
Vintage: 2010
Cork Type: Synthetic
Grape: Garnacha
Origin: Bodegas Borsao, Spain
Alcohol Content: 14.5%

2 comments:

  1. That bottle has a really eye catching design. After spending too much time in Spec's wine section, I'm willing to bet 80% of all wine is bought based on the label.

    ReplyDelete