Sunday, September 25, 2011

September 24, 2011

Today, we have a guest blogger who took on the feat while I went to the Maroon 5/Train concert...


After a large plate of double crisp fries smothered in country gravy and topped with crunchy, thick cut bacon, I was craving some thirst quenching wine to combat the heavily salted snack. A fine chilled pinot noir should do nicely as the grape tends towards the lighter side. I'm still a bit fevered from the walk back from the Hubcap Grille for my food as it is still a humid 83 degrees even at 10pm. If they had accepted anything but cash alone this bottle would have been opened a bit later because the Hubcap has a great selection of craft brews. I selected the Pepperwood Grove Pinot Noir to cork and was surprised at the synthetic cork which is custom printed with a delightful graphic. It is a very light color but perfectly smooth and tasty. It is a very fun wine which goes great with the movie I queued from Netflix before I left to eat! Lately I've been feeling bad that the doggies have nothing to entertain themselves with while us humans are away. So this time I started the movie “The Man Who Knew Too Little” starring Bill Murray and headed out to grab a bite. I intended to switch it off when I returned but it just sucked me right back in. The last time I saw this flick was in 1997 when it was in theaters! After a quick click to Rotten Tomatoes it appallingly received only a 42% from critics on the Tomatometer, highly underrated. The audience reviews seem to share my opinion that Bill Murray can do no wrong.

The doggies are now asleep on the couch as I'm ready for my second glass. Its very easy drinking and one I could see myself buying again for hot summer days. I bought a bota bag several years ago not even realizing it was made to be filled with wine! This would be ideal for a weekend trip to the driving range or to play frisbee.

Glass number three already, see I told you it was easy drinking and I'm not even typing with one hand with the glass in the other! I'm catching a lot of spices that are slowly working their way through my taste buds. It reminds me that I should really make some food to bring to a football party our friends are hosting. They have already tasted my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies so maybe I'll fry up some gameday nachos with homecut and extra crispy tortilla chips. Makes me wonder what wine would go well with nachos...


Name: Pepperwood Grove
Vintage: None Given
Cork Type: Synthetic
Grape: Pinot Noir
Origin: Valle Central, Chile
Alcohol Content: 13.4%


No comments:

Post a Comment