Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 13, 2011

Tonight has been a whirlwind of activities!  It's like I've been on the go since the beginning of the day, so a glass or two of wine is exactly what I need to take a load off. First, taking care of that never ending laundry business.  Then on to preparing some delicious dinner - pasta a la sausage.  I have built up quite an appetite this evening from my 5k (3 miles for all those who didn't go to SI school) run.  I've been doing the run for 8 weeks now, and I'm not sure I see any results but I feel great.  My endurance and stamina have both really picked up so I feel much healthier.  Hopefully it's enough to battle off that nasty cholesterol.  If not, I'm sure the red wine I'm drinking with dinner will definitely help, or maybe the 4 tbsp of butter that goes along with the meal...

The dogs are up to their usual antics.  Wondering aimlessly around the kitchen waiting for anything to drop down for a quick after doggy dinner bite.  Writing this blog is definitely more exciting on my new Macbook Air.  Who could ask for a better piece of technology - super portable, light, compact, great design! Best part is no viruses

The wine is very tasty - it has a very oaky, earthy flavor when first opened.  But we'll see how the wine fairs after the tannins breathe for a little while and when paired with the pasta dish.

Name: Bogle Vineyards
Vintage: 2008
Cork Type: Conventional Cork
Grape: Petite Syrah
Origin: California, Graton
Alcohol Content: 13.5%



No comments:

Post a Comment