Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4, 2011

Tonight I am starting my first blog all related to my experiences sampling delicious red wines.

This Labor Day weekend I have had several bottles of wine, some better than others, but all surrounding food, family and fun.  I am spending the weekend at my parent's house which is always exciting with 7 dogs! For me, the experience drinking the wine is what makes it memorable, so I will attempt to capture my experiences with wine.

Tonight...I'm joining the millions on the organic kick to find out if it really does carry over and enhance the taste of wines.  I will be sampling an organic Spanish wine with a new type of grape I have never tasted.

Name: Luzon Verde
Vintage: 2010
Cork Type: Conventional Cork
Grape: Monastrell (100%)
Origin: Spain
Alcohol Content: 13.5%


I am sitting around the kitchen table while the BBQ chicken cooks and the charro beans finish to a delectable spiciness.  The dogs have just finished supper and are running around my parents backyard. Everyone is preoccupied on their technological devices that one day will be the ruin of all mankind.  I have a slight upper respiratory infection which has been hampering my smell and taste since Friday. Despite my temporary disability, I am determined to make sure I eat all the good food and drink all the delicious red wine I can.  The wine is delicious, and doesn't have quite the bite some other Spanish red wines are notorious for.  I am surprised considering this is a 2010 vintage and it has not had much time to ripen to a nice fine age.  Dinner was fantastic - BBQ chicken, charro beans and seasoned sweet potatoes along with a nice glass of Luzon Verde.
__________

Fantasy Football 2011 Draft is about to begin!! Of course, where am I drafting...number 12 (figures).  I'll probably end up with a terrible team just like my other league.  Oh well.  At least I'm bringing in this drafting year with a delicious bottle of Boom Boom Syrah.  I've had this wine a few times at the illustrious Suga's in downtown Beaumont.  This time, I'll be enjoying with a decadent, freshly baked homemade brownie.  Everything tastes so delicious and thankfully I got a good QB and RB to solidify my team.  We'll see how football week one goes on Sunday!



Name: Boom Boom
Vintage: 2009
Cork Type: Twist Off
Grape: Syrah (100%)
Origin: Columbia Valley, Washington
Alcohol Content: 14.1%





No comments:

Post a Comment