Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011

This evening has been filled with caring for sick dogs, troubleshooting hot water heater problems, and the never ending story of laundry.  Thank goodness I finally get to relax with some delicious red wine and my favorite breakfast for dinner!  My mom would of course appreciate that my favorite breakfast for dinner is the meat with the little potatoes in the can (corned beef hash).  It also happens to be the first Monday Night Football (MNF) of the 2011 season!! Who better to start off the season than the Patriots?  They are playing a fairly lackluster team (Miami) , but it is always fun seeing the all-star line up of the Patriots.  Unfortunately my fantasy football team is just as lackluster as the Miami Dolphins lineup, however I've still got a big time running back who I'm holding my breath for.  The dogs are doing their normal trot around the kitchen waiting for any morsel of food to drop down while food is being prepared.  To their dismay, they will probably have to settle for the dirty bone that's been stewing in the rug filth for a while.

Back to the wine.  It is a smooth wine with no bite so your mouth doesn't make that pucker face after taking a sip.  To my surprise, it is a wine from Chile which I have stereotyped as bitter, pucker face inducing wines.  It got a 88/100 on the wine enthusiast best buy list.  I'm sure it will pair well with corned beef hash a la scrambled eggs.

Name: Santa Alicia Reserva
Vintage: 2009
Cork Type: Twist Off
Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
Origin: Chile, Maipo Valley
Alcohol Content: 14%




No comments:

Post a Comment